Friday 11 January 2013

First serious post

Well I'll take a whack at writing a serious post on my supposedly silly personal blog, this is me taking time to relax, tragic I know, I'm writing this thing here instead of a life by clockwork one is because I have sort of experienced writers block, combined with me wanting to upload a video which I don't have means I'm don't want to write for that just yet. This on the other hand I noticed whilst staying with my family, which is comprised of children aged between 26 and 19, so all adults.

I noticed that in families when the group is comprised mainly of adults there is an odd state of affairs, there are occasions when you don't see your family members that also live in the house for days at a time, such as my 23 YO sister, I haven't seen her for a week basically, because of work and social things when she's back from work I'm usually out doing rugby training, meeting friends,  going to a piss up, or helping out at the scouts or cubs. When I'm in and relaxing she is usually out having a good time with her friends.

I believe these types of situations have led to a sort of disassociation with the family, such as is seen in 1984. The family is separated for most of the time, and when there is free time they actually lack the energy to stay in each others company, therefore weakening the bond between family members.

With this lack of empathy for people you are related possibly leading to apathy towards others, leading to isolation and an inability to make lasting relationships. Making it so that the individual only feels real worth in their work, so by the reasoning I have shown, Capitalism kills the family and spawns the next generation of capitalist workers by alienating them from the family and any other form of human reciprocity.

Making the only relationships they do form mainly a cushion to ease and distract them from the reality of being a wage slave. With the image of the family inspiring the need for one as then the worker will work longer to try and support them and make their lives better. This benefits capitalism by forcing more work out of a single individual by making him do 2 peoples work at a rate that isn't equivocal to that of two people doing the same work.

Just a thought I had, see yah guys

-Manic

No comments:

Post a Comment